The internet has opened up an excellent opportunity for fundraising campaigns and nonprofit organizations to reach a global audience and take donations for their cause. Here we will be discussing some online donation plugins for WordPress, which you can use to build a donation platform on your website. WordPress offers one of the most intuitive and customizable systems for creating a website without coding. Through the use of plugins, users can integrate needed functionalities onto their WordPress site.
Now there are plenty of plugins in the market which allows WordPress websites to take donations. However, many of them are sub-par and offer compromised performance. And so here we have handpicked some of the best plugins to help you kickstart your fundraising campaigns.
20 Best Online Donation Plugins For WordPress
We have made sure to add a fair collection of free as well as paid WordPress online donation plugins, so you get something that fits your budget. However, do note that all these plugins will help you do the basics, i.e., to set up a platform where users can come in and donate to your cause. So without further ado, here are the best Online Donation Plugins For WordPress:
#1. Give – Donation Plugin and Fundraising Platform
Starting off our free donation WordPress plugins list, we have – Give. It is simple yet a highly popular plugin with many features to help you reach your fundraising goals. This WordPress online donation plugin provides enough functionalities to get complete customization liberty over your fundraising platform. Furthermore, it can also easily integrate with plenty of third-party payment gateways and services.
- Features to create customizable donation forms.
- You can add goals, terms and conditions, and the option to give multiple amounts through the plugin.
- Reports that deliver a complete summary of the donation activities.
- A complete donor management system.
#2. Charitable – Donation Plugin
Charitable WordPress plugin offers one of the easiest methods to start accepting donations in a matter of minutes. And despite its ease of use, the plugin provides many powerful features to help you create a concrete fundraising platform. There is also the option to add paid extensions to the plugin which will give you even more flexibility and functionality.
- Ability to create unlimited campaigns.
- Option to set campaign goals and time-period.
- Customizable donation forms.
- Ability to embed a donation form on any of your WordPress pages.
- PayPal and offline payment support – customization for offline payment instructions.
- Automatically sends customized emails to donors after receiving a donation.
#3. PayPal Donation
If you intend to set up a secure donation platform on your site with PayPal as the primary payment gateway, then this donation plugin for WordPress is a great option. PayPal Donation WordPress plugin offers a simple UI with detailed documentation on how to get the plugin up and running. You will receive information on how to set up your PayPal account as well as the option to set up a PayPal sandbox account for running tests.
- Support for over 18 languages and 25 currencies for international donation campaigns.
- Option to change the images for each button.
- Option to allow donors to sign up for recurring monthly PayPal donations.
- Ability to choose how PayPal window opens.
- Insert a drop down menu for users to select what amount they wish to donate.
#4. FundPress – WordPress Donation Plugin
FundPress plugin offers an all in one WordPress donation solution. With the plugin set up, you can create donation, charity and crowdfunding campaigns easily on your website. It is filled with plenty of customization options and features to turn your site into a full-fledged donation platform.
- You can set up multiple payment gateways for accepting donations.
- Offers a dedicated campaign page which shows goals, amount raised, and other details for all current campaigns.
- Create a dedicated compensation plan page to tell users what they will receive for donating.
- Automatic emails sent to donors.
- Excellent design for excerpts and cover images.
#5. Donorbox – Free Recurring Donation Form
Donorbox WordPress donation plugin comes with all necessary features and options to help you set up a donation form on your WordPress website. You can easily integrate a donation functionality on your site in minutes from installing the plugin. Furthermore, there are plenty of options to help you manage how you receive donations.
- Option for branding the donation page with color scheme, logos, and styling options.
- Ability to add as many custom input fields into the donation form as needed.
- Compatibility with different payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, and so on.
- Includes a recurring donation functionality.
#6. Authorize.net – Simple Donation
If you already don’t know, Authorize.net is one of the most widely used payment gateways on the internet. This donation plugin for WordPress lets you integrate their services on to your website to accept donations. Once installed, users will be able to offer donations through their Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card. Other forms of payments are also accepted.
- Offers shortcodes to integrate donation form.
- All options are easily accessible from WordPress backend.
- Detailed listing of all donations along with informations.
- Option to create a customized ‘Thank You’ text.
#7. WP Fundraising – Donation Plugin and Crowdfunding Platform
WP Fundraising is a WooCommerce powered WordPress plugin used by websites to set up a crowdfunding and fundraising platform. It is super easy to use and comes with a lot of options to help you manage your campaigns. Most of the necessary features are available for free, but there are some specific features which if you want, you will have to go premium.
- Frontend user registration and login for donors.
- Option to set fundraising goal along with start and end dates.
- Minimum and Maximum donations can also be set.
- Compatible with popular page builder plugins.
- Shortcode support.
- Social sharing functionality.
#8. BitMate Author Donations
With BitMate Author Donations plugin installed on your WordPress website, you will be able to start accepting cryptocurrency donations with ease. This charity plugin for WordPress will automatically add a crypto-donation box to your posts, pages, or any place you like via shortcodes.
- Uses “Maximalist” styles if you want a bitcoin only display.
- Option to set Bitcoin label and message with compatible wallets.
- Uses URI formats where ever possible.
- Uses QR codes to enhance security.
#9. Donations Made Easy – Smart Donations
Here is yet another donation WordPress plugin which offers to set a full-fledged donation accepting platform on your website. Once installed, you will be able to create a different kind of donations, set a goal, create donation forms, and automate thank you emails. However, as far as payment gateways are concerned, the plugin currently only accepts PayPal and Stripe.
- Option to integrate easy PayPal donation system.
- TextBox Donation along with PayPal to allows users to click on a predefined amount to donate.
- Users can use a slider to specify how much money they wish to donate.
- IPN notification support to help you track all donations.
#10. YITH Donations for WooCommerce
If you have a WooCommerce enabled WordPress website and wished to integrate the option to accept donations, then YITH Donations for WooCommerce is perfect for the job. You can incorporate donation forms on your site which your users can fill out, enter how much they wish to donate, and make the payment.
- Can be used to set up donation campaigns.
- Easy cataloging of all active campaigns.
- Option to associate a donation form to products on your store.
- Donation widget for sidebar.
#11. WP Full Stripe
WP Full Stripe WordPress plugin is powered by the popular Stripe payments gateway and can help you create subscription/donation forms on your website. You can use it to embed payment forms on your posts or pages and take payments directly. Your users won’t have to leave your site and go to third-party services.
- Self service area which lets users enter credit card info and cancel subscriptions.
- Configure payment descriptions.
- Create as many payment forms as you like.
- Set a custom minimum amount for the donations or allow your users to pick an amount they want.
- Shortcode generator.
- Custom emails send to donors.
#12. Galaxy Funder
Galaxy Funder WordPress charity plugin allows you to set up a “Keep What You Raise Crowdfunding” system on your website. The plugin is built on top of WooCommerce and functions as an extension to the WooCommerce plugin. This means you have to have installed the popular WooCommerce plugin to use any of the rich features of Galaxy Funder.
- Provide donors with perks or rewards.
- Moderators get a customized campaign-create panel in the backend.
- Members have a frontend campaign submission.
- Shortcode generator support.
- Donors can use PayPal for sending donations.
#13. Woocommerce Donation plugin
Kicking off our list for paid alternatives to donation plugins for WordPress, we have Woocommerce Donation plugin. As you can understand from the name, if your WordPress website runs WooCommerce, then this plugin will be able to include a donation functionality.
- Allow donors to choose what amount they want to donate.
- Donations show up as a product on WooCommerce “cart.”
- Supports creating donation campaigns.
- Donation forms integrates itself with the template design already in use.
- Comprehensive settings page to control different aspects of taking donations.
#14. WP Attractive Donations System
WP Attractive Donations System plugin offers a means for creating and integrate donation panels with fantastic design on your website. There are also plenty of options to let you customize the donation panels with necessary fields. This charity plugin for WordPress also supports different means for making donations and two of the popular online payment gateways – PayPal and Stripe.
- Extensive list of options to manage different steps of each donations.
- Customization options for fonts and colors.
- Support for unlimited donation panels.
- Widget support.
- Option to allow users to sign up for recurring donation.
#15. Donation Manager for WordPress
Donation Manager for WordPress enables you to start creating donation campaigns and integrate them to your page through shortcodes. The plugin will also help you maintain a list of very donors. Maintaining the campaigns is also straightforward thanks to the intuitive UI. Also, the availability of different payment gateways offers many choices for your donors.
- Switch between light and dark themes for your donation forms.
- Ajax powered donation forms.
- A front-end system which gives you access to control many aspects of the plugin.
#16. Donation Content Locker
Donation Content Locker WordPress plugin offers unique functionality. You can use it to hide premium high-quality content on your website and make it available to donors only. You can set a minimum amount, which if a user donates, will gain access to all the premium content. A successful donation will create an activation link which will make all content unlocked.
- CSS3 and AJAX powered donation forms.
- Multiple Payment gateways.
- Block users who are using links of other users.
- Visual editor to customize content of donation boxes.
- Include ‘terms and conditions’ for the donation boxes.
- Support for shortcodes.
#17. SUMO WooCommerce Donations
SUMO WooCommerce Donations offer a full-fledged WooCommerce donation system to your WordPress website. The plugin supports a host of beautiful features to make your donation taking functionality as accessible as possible.
- Support for recurring donations.
- Donations get added to cart.
- Option to force automatic donations onto users.
- You can show donation forms using Flybox and Product Page.
- Customizable donation forms.
- Offer rewards to donors.
#18. Cyber Fundraiser
Cyber Fundraiser plugin allows WordPress website owners to organize donation campaigns and boost them using a multitude of features. The collection of options and functionalities provided with the plugin will help you create multiple donation campaigns and propel them to viral success.
- Social media integration.
- Dynamic checkout which can be controlled from backend.
- Statistics to keep tracks of each donation campaign and progress.
- A powerful campaign builder with a boat load of options.
- Send automatic emails to donors.
- Mass email templates.
#19. Bitcoin Donate
Bitcoin Donate is an appropriately named WordPress donation plugin which allows you to take donations in the popular cryptocurrency – bitcoin. It offers all necessary options to set up multiple donation/fundraising campaigns for accepting bitcoins. You also get plenty of customization tools to tweak the donation forms.
- All you have to do is add your bitcoin address.
- Option to select upto 30 currencies which will get converted into bitcoins.
- Embed donation forms via shortcodes.
- Widget support.
- Localization support and multi language ready.
- QR codes for added security.
#20. WooCommerce Name Your Price
And for the final entry on our list, we have the WooCommerce Name Your Price plugin which is an extension for the WooCommerce plugin for WordPress. This charity plugin for WordPress allows your users to pick an amount for how much they wish to donate, for the products they want to purchase. You can, of course, set a minimal amount against the price for the product. This isn’t strictly for creating donation campaigns but can be creatively used for a donation for handmade gifts and so on.
- Collect data on what prices customers are generally willing to pay.
- Allows you to create product combos and offer them to donors.
- Create printable gift certificates using PDF product vouchers.
- Easy configuration options.
Any other WordPress Donation Plugin?
So these were our picks for the best Online Donation Plugins For WordPress. Do let us know if you found this read to be helpful. As you have observed we have added plugins that offer a diverse range of functionalities.
Some plugins come with support for multiple payment gateways while other offer means for creating attractive payment forms. We are sure you will find something that helps your cause.