15 Best Online WordPress Donation Plugins For Charity, Relief, Support & Non Profit Sites
The internet has opened up an excellent opportunity for fundraising campaigns and nonprofit organizations to reach a global audience and take donations for their cause.
WordPress offers one of the most intuitive and customizable systems for creating a website without coding.
How to accept donations on the WordPress site?
Here we will be discussing a few top WordPress donation plugins, which you can use to build a donation platform on your website.
There are plenty of plugins in the market which allow WordPress websites to accept donations. Through the use of charity WordPress plugins, users can integrate needed functionalities onto their WordPress site. However, many of them are sub-par and offer compromised performance. And so here we have handpicked some of the best plugins to help you kickstart your fundraising campaigns.
We have made sure to add a good collection of free as well as paid donation plugin for WordPress, so you get something that fits your budget.
Don’t have a website yet? Don’t worry. You can easily create a WordPress blog on Hostgator.
List of top WordPress Donation Plugins
#1. Give Donation Plugin
Starting off our list, we have – ‘Give donation plugin’. It is simple yet a highly popular plugin with many features to help you reach your fundraising goals. This WordPress donation plugin provides enough functionalities to get complete customization liberty over your fundraising platform. Furthermore, it can also easily integrate with plenty of third-party payment gateways and services.
- Features to create customizable donation forms.
- You can add goals, terms and conditions, and the option to give multiple amounts through the plugin.
- Reports that deliver a complete summary of the donation activities.
- A complete donor management system.
#2. WP Full Stripe
WP Full Stripe WordPress plugin is powered by the popular Stripe payments gateway and can help you create subscription/donation forms on your website. You can use it to embed payment forms on your posts or pages and take payments directly. Your users won’t have to leave your site and go to third-party services.
- Self service area which lets users enter credit card info and cancel subscriptions.
- Configure payment descriptions.
- Create as many payment forms as you like.
- Set a custom minimum amount for the donations or allow your users to pick an amount they want.
- Shortcode generator.
- Custom emails send to donors.
#3. PayPal Donation
If you intend to set up a secure donation platform on your site with PayPal as the primary payment gateway, then this WordPress PayPal donation plugin is a great option. WordPress PayPal Donation offers a simple UI with detailed documentation on how to get the plugin up and running. You will receive information on how to set up your PayPal account as well as the option to customize PayPal donation page.
- Support for over 18 languages and 25 currencies for international donation campaigns.
- Option to change the images for each button.
- Option to allow donors to sign up for recurring monthly PayPal donations.
- Ability to choose how PayPal donate button opens.
- Insert a drop down menu for users to select what amount they wish to donate.
#4. WooCommerce Donation plugin
Kicking off our list for paid alternatives to donation plugins for WordPress, we have WooCommerce Donation plugin. As you can understand from the name, if your WordPress website runs WooCommerce, then this plugin will be able to include a donation functionality.
- Allow donors to choose what amount they want to donate.
- Donations show up as a product on WooCommerce “cart.”
- Supports creating donation campaigns.
- Donation forms integrates itself with the template design already in use.
- Comprehensive settings page to control different aspects of taking donations.
#5. Formidable Forms
Formidable Forms, the easiest and one of the most powerful form builders for WordPress, has the option that lets you create a non-profit donation form. Non-profit websites usually rely on ‘PayPal donate buttons’ for donation, but their functionality is very basic and severely limited. With tons of templates that Formidable Forms have to offer, you can add a pre-build donation from easily on your WordPress site.
The included graphical charts make it easier for you to view the donation stats withing your site. The donation plugin for WordPress even lets you export form data from outside WordPress and import the donations data from other 3rd party services. Since Formidable Forms is compatible with WPML, you can easily translate your WordPress donation form to any available languages. You can configure item name, dotation amount, currency, and a lot more using Formidable Forms.
#6. Charitable – Donation Plugin
Charitable WordPress plugin offers one of the easiest methods to start accepting donations in a matter of minutes. And despite its ease of use, the plugin provides many powerful features to help you create a concrete fundraising platform. There is also the option to add paid extensions to the plugin which will give you even more flexibility and functionality.
- Ability to create unlimited campaigns.
- Option to set campaign goals and time-period.
- Customizable WordPress donation forms.
- Ability to embed a donation form on any of your WordPress pages.
- PayPal and offline payment support – customization for offline payment instructions.
- Automatically sends customized emails to donors after receiving a donation.
#7. Donorbox – Recurring Donation Form
Donorbox WordPress donation plugin comes with all necessary features and options to help you set up a donation form on your WordPress website. You can easily integrate a donation functionality on your site in minutes from installing the plugin. Furthermore, there are plenty of options to help you manage how you receive donations.
- Option for branding the donation page with color scheme, logos, and styling options.
- Ability to add as many custom input fields into the donation form as needed.
- Compatibility with different payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, and so on.
- Includes a recurring donation functionality.
#8. WP Crowdfunding
This WooCommerce based WordPress fundraising plugin lets you create and manage a fundraising or backer site with ease. The included Native Wallet System makes it easy to keep track of the collected funds on a fundraising event. The event owner can send a request for the withdrawal of the funds to the admin after the collected amount reached a certain threshold. You do not need the math for calculating the withdraw-able funds and website commissions as the plugin can do it for you while generating statistics.
Crowdfunding sites can utilize the Stripe Connect Payment System to facilitate the smooth distribution of funds to the project owner and the admin as configured. There is no requirement for backend access for users as WP Crowdfunding operates on the frontend where they can add and update projects comfortably.
Most importantly, when using the WP Crowdfunding plugin, you do now have to worry about the money management system as it offers support for popular payment methods, including PayPal, Stripe, Skrill, and much more. You can raise funds, distribute it, and manage the money with ease.
#9. WooCommerce Name Your Price
Next entry on our list, we have the ‘WooCommerce Name Your Price’ plugin which is an extension for the WooCommerce donation plugin. This charity plugin for WordPress allows your users to pick an amount for how much they wish to donate, for the products they want to purchase. You can, of course, set a minimal amount against the price for the product. This isn’t strictly for creating donation campaigns but can be creatively used for a donation for handmade gifts and so on.
- Collect data on what prices customers are generally willing to pay.
- Allows you to create product combos and offer them to donors.
- Create printable gift certificates using PDF product vouchers.
- Easy configuration options.
#10. YITH Donations for WooCommerce
If you have a WooCommerce enabled WordPress website and wished to integrate the option to accept donations, then YITH Donations for WooCommerce is perfect for the job. You can incorporate donation forms on your site which your users can fill out, enter how much they wish to donate, and make the payment.
- Can be used to set up donation campaigns.
- Easy cataloging of all active campaigns.
- Option to associate a donation form to products on your store.
- Donation widget for sidebar.
#11. Donations Made Easy – Smart Donations
Here is yet another donation WordPress plugin which offers to set a full-fledged donation accepting platform on your website. Once installed, you will be able to create a different kind of donations, set a goal, create donation forms, and automate thank you emails. However, as far as payment gateways are concerned, the plugin currently only accepts PayPal and Stripe.
- Option to embed PayPal donation form.
- TextBox Donation along with PayPal to allows users to click on a predefined amount to donate.
- Users can use a slider to specify how much money they wish to donate.
- IPN notification support to help you track all donations.
#12. Galaxy Funder
Galaxy Funder WordPress charity plugin allows you to set up a ‘Keep What You Raise Crowdfunding’ system on your website. The plugin is built on top of WooCommerce and functions as an extension to the WooCommerce plugin. This means you have to have installed the popular WooCommerce plugin to use any of the rich features of Galaxy Funder.
- Provide donors with perks or rewards.
- Moderators get a customized campaign-create panel in the backend.
- Members have a frontend campaign submission.
- Shortcode generator support.
- Donors can use PayPal donate buttons for sending donations.
#13. Donation Manager for WordPress
Donation Manager for WordPress enables you to start creating donation campaigns and integrate them to your page through shortcodes. The plugin will also help you maintain a list of very donors. Maintaining the campaigns is also straightforward thanks to the intuitive UI. Also, the availability of different payment gateways offers many choices for your donors.
- Switch between light and dark themes for your donation forms.
- Ajax powered donation forms.
- A front-end system which gives you access to control many aspects of the plugin.
#14. SUMO WooCommerce Donations
SUMO WooCommerce Donations offer a full-fledged WooCommerce donation system to your WordPress website. The plugin supports a host of beautiful features to make your donation taking functionality as accessible as possible.
- Support for recurring donations.
- Donations get added to cart.
- Option to force automatic donations onto users.
- You can show donation forms using Flybox and Product Page.
- Customizable donation forms.
- Offer rewards to donors.
#15. WP Attractive Donations System
WP Attractive Donations System plugin offers a means for creating and integrate donation panels with fantastic design on your website. There are also plenty of options to let you customize the donation panels with necessary fields. This WordPress donation plugin also supports different means for making donations and two of the popular online payment gateways – PayPal and Stripe.
- Extensive list of options to manage different steps of each donations.
- Customization options for fonts and colors.
- Support for unlimited donation panels.
- Widget support.
- Option to allow users to sign up for recurring donation.
Any other WordPress Plugin to accept donations online?
So these were our picks for the best WordPress donation plugins. Do let us know if you found this read to be helpful. As you have observed we have added plugins that offer a diverse range of functionalities.
Some plugins come with support for multiple payment gateways while other offer means for creating attractive payment forms. We are sure you will find something that helps your cause.