WordPress Plugins for Working With Cloud Storage 
Recently, more and more companies have started using cloud storage. It is now easier to transfer data, access it from different devices, and create backups. By 2028, the total market for this technology is projected to increase to more than $390 billion. This is absolutely justified, since with them, business representatives save the budget and increase the speed of the site, and their employees can easily transfer information in the background, without being distracted from the main work.
To facilitate interaction with applications and WordPress, it is best not to download the repository to the device, but to use the API. There are several ways to connect WordPress to the cloud, and today we’ll break down a few of the most popular plugins based on your specific needs.
Popular Ways to Connect WordPress to the Cloud
About 661 sites appear on WordPress every day. This is a colossal amount of data that simply needs to be stored in the cloud. Otherwise, there is a chance to lose them forever. We will analyze the 9 most popular plugins, depending on the purpose of their implementation.
№1. For file-sharing tools
Fast and easy file sharing is the main benefit of cloud storage. Since they are not the main component of WordPress, plugins need to be injected. To connect to cloud storage, you should use one of the following:
- Google Drive Embedder, allowing all information to be integrated into a WP page or a standalone post via a Drive account. With the free version, you can also create a direct link to download the data, and with the paid version, you can open access to all folders. To work, you will need to install an additional plugin for entering Google Apps.
- WP Download Manager opens the possibility of downloading and quickly processing all information on the server. Plus, it allows them to connect to multiple cloud providers at once. The tool allows you to sort files, control access to them, and customize lists at any time after downloading them from DropBox, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive. Also, you will be able to customize the user-friendly interface.
- The combination of WP download manager and data sharing plugin simplifies the process of transferring information and uploading it directly to your personal Dropbox account. With the tool, you no longer need to interact with large emails.
Try to use each plugin for work to evaluate their functionality and usability specifically for your tasks.
№2. For media platforms
Media files most often take up the lion’s share of all server memory. When you connect WP to cloud storage, it will be easier for you to sort and manage all your information. The following tools come in handy for this:
- WP Offload Media Lite is a very popular tool that integrates with major cloud providers Amazon S3, DigitalOcean, and Google Cloud Storage. It allows you to copy the information and change the URL as needed. The only drawback of using the free version is uploading all data to the hosting server. But this is easy to fix – just connect a subscription, and you will have access to download to various media.
- The media cloud has a built-in imgix API with a set of core functions. The main and most important of these is the ability to upload a file directly to the cloud storage without interconnection with WordPress. You can customize access, optimize memory, cache files, etc. In addition, WP-CLI is supported, the ability to crop photos and edit them. The latest features are only available in the paid version.
- WP-Stateless is a versatile tool for connecting WP to the cloud. It uses backup servers to handle media files. To start interacting with him, it is enough to decide on the mode. Choice of CDN, Backup, and Stateless. The latter can only integrate with the Google server. To achieve an increased level of data security, additional plugin tools are provided. For example, it is able to encode the links of multimedia files when sent, reflecting the new coordinates.
Backing up data is an essential part of any site’s work, which provides additional security for information. It is best to produce it on a separate cloud server rather than onsite to prevent the potential loss of valuable files.
There are several free plugins for this purpose that will help you synchronize. We will look at 3 of the most popular ones:
- WD Backup is an easy-to-configure plugin that allows you to store your backups on a separate cloud service. At any time, it will be possible to delete and restore several cloud services at once. The most common uses for this are DropBox, Google Drive, and Amazon S3. You will be able to synchronize both the entire site and its individual parts at regular intervals. Set up a backup operation every day, every week, or monthly.
- UpdraftPlus is the most popular tool that does not require updating WP kernels to create backups. After the backup is complete, it sends an email notification. You can always restore any files and integrate the plugin with Google Drive, Microsoft Azure, AWS, and other services. In addition, schedule setting is available.
- Duplicator Pro is a powerful plugin that will quickly back up data to remote cloud storage. It allows you to transfer files to both an empty site and a full one by replacing unnecessary information. To do this, just drag and drop files from place to place. You can plan any actions by setting the calendar. The plugin supports services – Dropbox, FTP, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Amazon S3.
The cloud is more than just a place to store files. If you want to increase the speed of your WordPress site, secure your data with backups and quickly move a large amount of information – use cloud storage. Today we looked at how to connect WordPress to cloud storage services and what tools to use for this. We hope you figured out how to do this for data sharing, media platforms, and backups.
Thanks to the plugins presented, you can improve and optimize your WP site. Use each one to find the best tool for your job.